I use to never really like oatmeal but the past week or two I have been obsessing over it! I was feeling sick last week and all I wanted was oatmeal for some really weird reason so I made some at home and every since then, I have been craving this particular recipe I make so I wanted to share it with you. Here are the ingredients that I used (I did use a tiny bit of cinnamon that I forgot to include in the picture)
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 whole banana
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- A little dash of cinnamon
- I start off by putting the oatmeal and almond milk (or any milk of your choice) into a small pot and turn on the stove and let it get to boiling point. While I wait I stir it quite frequently.
- Once it starts to bubble/boil, I turn the heat down to low and add half of my peanut butter and half of the honey into the pot and keep stirring until I reach my desired texture.
- I then pour it in a bowl and add my bananas, the rest of my peanut butter and honey and top it off with a bit of cinnamon.
It’s so hard to believe that it is already 2018! I didn’t get a chance to write my new year resolutions before Jan 1st so I decided to write them down now…better late than never right??
Here we go…
- Drink more water-aim for at least 100oz a day.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week.
- Accept and love myself for how I am (I have been struggling with self love for as long as I can remember)
- Be more positive!
- Care less about what people think about me.
- Save more money!
- Be more active on social media and my blog!
- Make more YouTube videos!
- Take more pictures!
- Stop procrastinating!
What are some of your goals for 2018?
I have been having such a hard time trying to figure out what to blog for blogmas Day 17 and 18 since I missed yesterdays; well I was just reading JustTheBeginning-x blogmas post about babies during Christmas time and how those of us who have been trying to conceive for a while cope with the holidays.
Hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant for a while now and I am honestly at that point in my life where I no longer want to take pregnancy tests because I hate seeing negative on it. I’m so heartbroken at the fact that we can’t get pregnant as easily as we like and how we probably will have to go to infertility treatments in order to get pregnant.
I know for a fact that holidays are for sure more difficult for those of trying because we so badly wish that we had a little angel in our arms to celebrate with. For me, I try not to think about it…I try to focus on those who are in my life and be grateful for that.
For those of you who are trying, I am sending lots and lots of baby dust your way this Holiday season…
My husband and I decided to take my niece to Candy cane lane here in Woodland Hills, CA! You basically drive through a few blocks and see houses that are beautiful decorated for the Holidays. We have been going to candy cane lane for the past few years but I feel like every year it has been getting less and less decorated and is slowly losing its beauty of it. I remember how much the homeowners use to go all out to decorate the houses for people to visit and now it’s only a few houses that still go all out. I wanted to share a few pictures that I took tonight…
I normally have dry skin but during the winter it is so much worse; I wanted to take this time to share my night time skin care routine…
What is your favorite Facial Moisturizer?
I wanted to share four Christmas wallpapers that I quickly put together to use on my phone, hope you like them!
For today’s blogmas, I wanted to share a few tips on how to deal with anxiety! I have been having on and off anxiety all day today and I cannot figure out why.
Every one of us has experienced anxiety one way or another and it’s not something fun or enjoyable… I absolutely hate it! I especially hate it more so when I have an anxiety whole at work like today!
Here are a few tips and tricks that I do while I’m having an anxiety:
- Take deep breaths and slowly count to 20.
- Get some fresh air.
- Drink chamomile tea.
- Lay down and close your eyes for a few minutes while taking deep breaths.
- Watch funny YouTube videos.
- Listen to relaxation music.
- Drink some water.
These are some of the things I do to help me calm down, is there anything specific that you do to help with an anxiety attack?
We only have less than three weeks left of 2017 so I wanted to look back at the resolutions I had made a year ago for this year and see what I stuck with and what I didn’t…Here is what my 2017 new year resolutions were:
Here are my 2017 resolutions/goals:
◦ Eat healthier, exercise on a weekly basis…lose weight & get healthier!
◦ Manage money better…spend less on things we want and save more.
◦ Move out of my parents house with my husband.
◦ Be more productive and less lazy.
◦ Learn Spanish!
◦ Blog 3 to 5 times a week.
- Ok let’s start off with the resolution that is on everyone’s new year goal… to lose weight, eat healthier and exercise! I have been better about exercising, not as good as I would like to have been but better than I was so that’s good. I haven’t lost that much weight, only a few pounds but I guess that’s better than none… right???
- To manage money better, we have been better about managing our money more this year than ever before so yay!
- We still live with my parents, we tried moving out but there were a few issues so we shall try again in a few months!
- I have been better about being more productive but again not as much as I would love to be.
- My Spanish is still the same sadly!
- And I failed at blogging 3 to 5 times a week!
How did you do this year with your 2017 Resolution/goals???
It has been such a crazy crazy busy few days and I just didn’t get a chance to blog for those few blogmas days and I’m sad over it, I really was hoping I wouldn’t miss a day let alone a few but sadly sometimes life happens. But onto happier things, my sister in law had her handsome baby boy on Thursday so that’s another reason why I was so busy. I’m so in love with him ❤️
I did want to share the photo I took outside of target last night of the beautiful sunset that we were having!
It has been such a sad and scary few days here in California. There has been four different fires all around my city and it has been so scary!
I’m praying and thinking for those who have been affected by them, who had to evacuate and leave their homes and belonging behind! I’m grateful for all the amazing firefighter and those who are volunteer to help.
Please take a minute to pray for everyone!