For today’s blogmas, I wanted to share a few tips on how to deal with anxiety! I have been having on and off anxiety all day today and I cannot figure out why.
Every one of us has experienced anxiety one way or another and it’s not something fun or enjoyable… I absolutely hate it! I especially hate it more so when I have an anxiety whole at work like today!
Here are a few tips and tricks that I do while I’m having an anxiety:
- Take deep breaths and slowly count to 20.
- Get some fresh air.
- Drink chamomile tea.
- Lay down and close your eyes for a few minutes while taking deep breaths.
- Watch funny YouTube videos.
- Listen to relaxation music.
- Drink some water.
These are some of the things I do to help me calm down, is there anything specific that you do to help with an anxiety attack?
Life can get so busy sometimes with work, school, family, friend, etc that we forget to care for ourselves. I know I always put myself last; if I’m being completely honest with you and myself, the only thing I do to care for myself is get my nails done on a monthly basis… that’s all!
In my previous blog post, I made a list of healthy lifestyle habits and one was to practice self care,. I know that I have to change and start taking better care of myself and so should you! Here are a few ways to practice self-care on a daily basis:
- Pamper yourself – get your nails or hair done!
- Get a massage!
- Take a bath!
- Write out your thoughts… let it all out!
- Drink more water.
- Get enough sleep!
- Take a break from technology and social media for a bit every day!
- Read a book.
- Don’t be afraid to say no!
- Let go on what you cannot control!
- You can please everyone, so don’t try!
- Be kind to yourself.
- Do what makes you happy!
What are some things you do to take care of yourself???
It is that time of the year when everyone is either getting over a cold/flu or is just getting it…I currently have a cold! I thought it would be helpful to share tips for when you are sick.
- Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water, juice (especially with lots of vitamin C) and tea
- My favorite tea to drink when I’m sick is chamomile with honey, or what I also like to do is mix 5 or 6 cough drops into a cup of hot water and drink it as it…sounds weird but so good!
- Avoid caffeinated drinks, they will dehydrate you.
- Rest! Rest! Rest! – get as much sleep as you possibly can!
- If the air in your room/house is dry, use a humidifier. You can even add a 2 or 3 drops of essential oil in it if you’re into it. I use an oil diffuser almost everyday but more so when I’m sick and my favorite oils to use are lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus.
- Take an epsom salt bath. It will help relief body aches, stress, eliminated toxins from your body and much more!
- Wash your hands often!!!
- Eat and drink things with lots of vitamin C!
- Drink pineapple juice…not only does it contain 50% of the daily requirement for vitamin C but it also helps with your cough.
- Gargle with Salt water…this is my least favorite and I honestly never do it but I always get told to do so.
- Avoid exercise, stress, daily chores as much as you can.
- Get some fresh air…it’s good for you!
Hope you avoided getting sick this season!
Check out my video companion & please subscribe!
Tips for When You’re Sick.
What are some things you do when you’re sick?