I absolutely love to read blogs and for today’s challenge I wanted to list a few of my favorite blogs out there!
Those are the main 4 that I read for now but I’m always checking out other blogs and looking for new ones!
If you have any life blogs or lifestyle blogs that you love, let me know I would love to check them out!
I believe all of us have something we cannot go one day without! Here are mine:
- My phone!!! I honestly have everything on my phone!
- My car!
- Tea or coffee – depending on my mood!
- Face moisturizer!
- My contacts!
What are some of the things that you cannot live out?
Everyone has some something that really annoys them no matter what! Here are my top 3 Pet peeves:
- People who constantly talk over you especially when you’re trying to vent.
- People who only call/text/remember you when they need something!
- People who think they know everything and anything!
The most important person in my life is my husband! I honestly love and adore him and I wouldn’t know what to do with out him!
My husband and I have been married for 2.5 years, but have been together for almost 6 years now! He’s my best friend, my partner, my everything! He is the one person who knows me better than anyone else in this world, he is the one person who I can tell everything and anything too and who I can be myself fully with! I know I drive him nuts sometimes and vise versa but that’s just part of life. No relationship/marriage is perfect… If it is then there is something majorly wrong!!
I am honestly so blessed to have him in my life!
I love you boo!!! ❤️
On March 6th, 2017 I got a call from my sister in law as I was driving home from work that my sweet uncle had suddenly passed away! It was such a shock for me and my family! It took me what felt like forever to get home and be with my family… I couldn’t stop crying! I ended up having a panic attack as I was driving! Coming home seeing my mom, aunts and grandma just tore me apart even more. I had lost an uncle but my mom and aunts lost their one and only brother and my grandma lost her son! She was besides herself, it honestly tore my heart into pieces!
If there’s one thing that I learned from this is that to live life how we want too because you just never know what tomorrow will bring. He is the first person who I have loved that passed away. My dad’s dad passed away on my birthday when I was 4 or 5 years old so I didn’t really understand back then what death really was or how to deal with it or tunderstanding the fact that I would never seem him again…
As I’m driving to work I just can’t help but remember him and what happened, I instantly start to cry every single morning… I feel like I’m living in a nightmare and all I want to do is wake up and go hug him, but I can’t.
I miss you so much qeri Jan!
I went to ULTA a few days ago because I wanted to get an eye cream and an eyebrow pencil…I came out with a few extra stuff as well! Does that ever happen to you? Happens to me all the time…I’ll go in for one thing but come out with a few (maybe more than a few) extra stuff.
Look through the gallery to see what I go. I will be adding my thoughts on the products as well down below…
I had never tried the Murad Clarifying Cleanser before so I was excited to try especially since I like shopping more for skin care products than actual make up. Because I had never tried it, I got the travel size version first before I purchase the actual big size one. I have used a few times now and I LOVE it. I have been using it with my clarisonic and it has left my skin so clean but it does leave it kinda dry; it has salicylic acid acne treatment in it which usually dries out my skin. I feel a bit of a tingle when I wash it off my face and it feels so fresh to me.
I then wanted to get an eye cream and I have heard great things about benefit eye cream called its potent and I wanted to give it a try. Again I didn’t want to purchase the regular size since it was my first time so I purchased the travel size one which came in box with a few other goodies. So far I love the eye cream, but my favorite I would have to say is the facial cream by benefit. It is so moisturizing and smells so good! I will for sure be purchasing the facial cream but may shop around for an eye cream…if you have one that you love please let me know in the comments below 🙂
I always go with Anastasia brow pencil for my brows…I was actually disappointed this time because I used it for two days and there was no more product left inside…usually these last me for a good few weeks!
I have been meaning to get a beauty blender but couldn’t find the original one at ulta that day so I ended up getting the sponge to contour with; but I love it for applying my foundation actually. I love that the bottom of it is small and fits perfectly in my fingers.
I have weak nails and so I got a nail harder nail polish to try out to see how I like it along with nail filer because I always lose those.
I have been into blow drying my hair lately rather than straightening it so I went ahead and purchased a new round brush and I love it.
I have been hearing a lot about the poo-poourri so I wanted to give it a try…first of it, it smells so good and secondly it actually works so woohoo!
What are some of your favorite skin care products???
In 2013, my husband and I went to Hearst Castle for our 2 year anniversary. At this time we actually were not married, we were just engaged. I fell in love with the castle, so much so that we actually went back to take our engagement photos there before our wedding; I will actually post that video up another day!
If you have never been to Hearst Castle, I highly recommend you go. But if you do here are a few tips:
- Try to avoid going in the summer time, our first trip was during the summer and let me tell you, it was so hot! There are no AC’s obviously, they just have portable fans throughout the castle which doesn’t help as much since everyone tries to stand in front of it.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes! There are a lot of stairs like A TON!!!
- Don’t schedule as much tours as you can! Hubby and I scheduled all 4 tours for the day! We barely made it to tour 4. They usually don’t refund you back when its so last minute, but they felt so sorry for us for booking all of them in one day that they ended up refunding us for the last tour since we were so exhausted!
Here is the video, I hope you enjoy!
Please like and subscribe to my channel and my blog! Let me know in the comments below if you have ever been to Hearst Castle, what you thought about it or if you are planning on going! 🙂
My husband had gotten tickets last year to go to the San diego zoo and we decided to go this past weekend, so we got a hotel for the weekend to make it a mini getaway! We were both so excited…on Friday I woke up sick 😡 which sucked but we couldn’t cancel the hotel since it was too late so we decided to go either way and just stay at the hotel (boy do I regret that decision!) we got to our hotel, the lafayette hotel in San Diego! My first expression of it was how neat and cool it was because it is a historical hotel after all, I loved all the sayings that they had on each door number…I would read it as I would walk by each room. Now here is the reason why it was such a disappointing weekend…we got there around do 11pm or so and I could not wait to get in bed and sleep (I’m sick and exhausted) well it turns out that the heater wasnt working which I didnt think would be such a big issue since husband and I love the cold weather. Well it was colder than I thought and even sleeping in a hoodie and blankets I was still cold so I woke up Saturday even more sick. We went down to grab breakfast and I informed the front desk that our heater wasn’t working and I need someone to fix it because I’m sick and don’t want to end up with pneumonia. Well no one ever went to fix it. We waited an hour or so after breakfast and tried to call and turns out our phone is broken. So I went back to the front desk at this point so pissed and complain how I have a fever, we’ve been waiting and no one has come up. So finally they send over extra blankets and a portable heater. Then I decided to take a shower…boy again wrong decision! The water was perfect for the first 30 seconds of me getting in; then the water would go from super duper hot to freezing within a matter of minutes and back again to super hot. I am as so annoyed! Sunday comes and we wake up to leave and I have all these bumps, they’re kind of like a bug bite but also look like blisters all over my right hand…it hurts and is so itchy!
Overall I regret this trip so so much!
How was your weekend?
It is that time of the year when everyone is either getting over a cold/flu or is just getting it…I currently have a cold! I thought it would be helpful to share tips for when you are sick.
- Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water, juice (especially with lots of vitamin C) and tea
- My favorite tea to drink when I’m sick is chamomile with honey, or what I also like to do is mix 5 or 6 cough drops into a cup of hot water and drink it as it…sounds weird but so good!
- Avoid caffeinated drinks, they will dehydrate you.
- Rest! Rest! Rest! – get as much sleep as you possibly can!
- If the air in your room/house is dry, use a humidifier. You can even add a 2 or 3 drops of essential oil in it if you’re into it. I use an oil diffuser almost everyday but more so when I’m sick and my favorite oils to use are lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus.
- Take an epsom salt bath. It will help relief body aches, stress, eliminated toxins from your body and much more!
- Wash your hands often!!!
- Eat and drink things with lots of vitamin C!
- Drink pineapple juice…not only does it contain 50% of the daily requirement for vitamin C but it also helps with your cough.
- Gargle with Salt water…this is my least favorite and I honestly never do it but I always get told to do so.
- Avoid exercise, stress, daily chores as much as you can.
- Get some fresh air…it’s good for you!
Hope you avoided getting sick this season!
Check out my video companion & please subscribe!
Tips for When You’re Sick.
What are some things you do when you’re sick?