I wish I could say that on a daily basis I sit back and think about how thankful I am for everything and everyone in my life, however, that is not the case. I sometimes take things or even sometimes people for granted and I don’t appreciate them as much as I should. So in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to make a list of everyone and everything that I am grateful and thankful for:
- My Husband – My husband is the number one person I am most thankful for. He not only is my loving, sweet, caring, adorable husband but he is also my best friend; he is always there for me, always supporting me and pushing me to be better. He is the only person I can be super silly and myself with, and who loves and accepts me for who I am. I cannot imagine my life without him. I love you baby!
- My family – I am not as close to my family as I would like to be, however, I am still very thankful for them.
- My job – In my 10 years of being a nanny, I don’t think no wait I know I have never in my life been so attached and so in love with a child as much as I am with this baby girl who I have been a full time nanny for since she was 5 days old… she and I are very much obsessed with each other, just ask her mom 🙂
- Coffee and Tea– I cannot go one day without coffee or tea or sometimes even both.
- My Car – The car I currently have is the first car that I wanted, my other cars have been just cars that I got to just have a car, but this one I wanted for months before I finally went and purchased it and I love it. It is so spacious and perfect for me and I’m thankful that I have my own car and go anywhere without relying on anyone.
- My phone – yes I said it, I’m very thankful for my phone, I cannot imagine what life was like before phones took over…I do everything on my phone now a days!
What are you are thankful for???
On March 6th, 2017 I got a call from my sister in law as I was driving home from work that my sweet uncle had suddenly passed away! It was such a shock for me and my family! It took me what felt like forever to get home and be with my family… I couldn’t stop crying! I ended up having a panic attack as I was driving! Coming home seeing my mom, aunts and grandma just tore me apart even more. I had lost an uncle but my mom and aunts lost their one and only brother and my grandma lost her son! She was besides herself, it honestly tore my heart into pieces!
If there’s one thing that I learned from this is that to live life how we want too because you just never know what tomorrow will bring. He is the first person who I have loved that passed away. My dad’s dad passed away on my birthday when I was 4 or 5 years old so I didn’t really understand back then what death really was or how to deal with it or tunderstanding the fact that I would never seem him again…
As I’m driving to work I just can’t help but remember him and what happened, I instantly start to cry every single morning… I feel like I’m living in a nightmare and all I want to do is wake up and go hug him, but I can’t.
I miss you so much qeri Jan!
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had a great time kicking 2016 out and welcoming 2017! I’m excited for this year, I’m hoping things will be much better for everyone this year. Hubby and I ended up going to my mother in laws house to kick in the new year then went back to my moms after 1am to celebrate with my family for a bit. I was so exhausted and ready for bed by 2am, not only because I had been up for over 19 hours but because this past week has been such a busy week for me at work, I have had to work longer hours which I don’t mind but then the animals wouldn’t let me sleep good at night at the house that hubby and I are currently house sitting at, the cats and dog kept scratching me, barking, or doing something to wake me up every single night for a good couple of times. So I haven’t had a good night’s rest in over a week; luckily tonight is the last night that we stay at this house then we go home and I can finally sleep in my own bed with no animals bothering me…thank goodness!