My husband got a new job a few weeks ago which I’m so happy about; however, he has to work some weekends and this weekend was the weekend that he had to work both Saturday and Sunday. The only time I got to see him was in the mornings until 1pm before he leaves; and since I didn’t have to work today I stayed up last night and waited for him and we ended up doing something that we use to do on a weekly basis at nights before he got this job.. go to IHOP. That has been our little thing to do for so many years now, we love IHOP and we especially love going there at nights. So last night I waited for him to get home almost at midnight and we drove to our favorite IHOP location and had a mini super late date.
I miss my husband like crazy though; I feel so lonely. Part of me likes it because I have more me time now but the other part of me hates it so much because I just want my best friend and the love of my life with me. I’m really hoping he doesn’t have to work next weekend so we can at least get two full days together to just enjoy ourselves and have fun.
I wish I could say that on a daily basis I sit back and think about how thankful I am for everything and everyone in my life, however, that is not the case. I sometimes take things or even sometimes people for granted and I don’t appreciate them as much as I should. So in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to make a list of everyone and everything that I am grateful and thankful for:
- My Husband – My husband is the number one person I am most thankful for. He not only is my loving, sweet, caring, adorable husband but he is also my best friend; he is always there for me, always supporting me and pushing me to be better. He is the only person I can be super silly and myself with, and who loves and accepts me for who I am. I cannot imagine my life without him. I love you baby!
- My family – I am not as close to my family as I would like to be, however, I am still very thankful for them.
- My job – In my 10 years of being a nanny, I don’t think no wait I know I have never in my life been so attached and so in love with a child as much as I am with this baby girl who I have been a full time nanny for since she was 5 days old… she and I are very much obsessed with each other, just ask her mom 🙂
- Coffee and Tea– I cannot go one day without coffee or tea or sometimes even both.
- My Car – The car I currently have is the first car that I wanted, my other cars have been just cars that I got to just have a car, but this one I wanted for months before I finally went and purchased it and I love it. It is so spacious and perfect for me and I’m thankful that I have my own car and go anywhere without relying on anyone.
- My phone – yes I said it, I’m very thankful for my phone, I cannot imagine what life was like before phones took over…I do everything on my phone now a days!
What are you are thankful for???
Yesterday was mine and my hubby’s 3 year wedding anniversary! I can’t believe it’s only been 3 years, a part of me feels like the wedding was just a week ago and another part of me feels like it’s been 30 years. I just feel like I have been with my husband for so long now I can’t even remember what life was like without (nor do I want to find out.)
To my amazing husband,
Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for always looking out for me. Thank you for always pushing me to be a better version of myself. Thank you for accept me for who I am. Thank you for always supporting me.
I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us, I absolutely cannot wait until we start our little family. I love you so much and I’m so blessed and lucky to have you as my partner, my best friend, my love, my husband.
HAPPY anniversary my love… Cheers to many many more.
In 2013, my husband and I went to Hearst Castle for our 2 year anniversary. At this time we actually were not married, we were just engaged. I fell in love with the castle, so much so that we actually went back to take our engagement photos there before our wedding; I will actually post that video up another day!
If you have never been to Hearst Castle, I highly recommend you go. But if you do here are a few tips:
- Try to avoid going in the summer time, our first trip was during the summer and let me tell you, it was so hot! There are no AC’s obviously, they just have portable fans throughout the castle which doesn’t help as much since everyone tries to stand in front of it.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes! There are a lot of stairs like A TON!!!
- Don’t schedule as much tours as you can! Hubby and I scheduled all 4 tours for the day! We barely made it to tour 4. They usually don’t refund you back when its so last minute, but they felt so sorry for us for booking all of them in one day that they ended up refunding us for the last tour since we were so exhausted!
Here is the video, I hope you enjoy!
Please like and subscribe to my channel and my blog! Let me know in the comments below if you have ever been to Hearst Castle, what you thought about it or if you are planning on going! 🙂
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had a great time kicking 2016 out and welcoming 2017! I’m excited for this year, I’m hoping things will be much better for everyone this year. Hubby and I ended up going to my mother in laws house to kick in the new year then went back to my moms after 1am to celebrate with my family for a bit. I was so exhausted and ready for bed by 2am, not only because I had been up for over 19 hours but because this past week has been such a busy week for me at work, I have had to work longer hours which I don’t mind but then the animals wouldn’t let me sleep good at night at the house that hubby and I are currently house sitting at, the cats and dog kept scratching me, barking, or doing something to wake me up every single night for a good couple of times. So I haven’t had a good night’s rest in over a week; luckily tonight is the last night that we stay at this house then we go home and I can finally sleep in my own bed with no animals bothering me…thank goodness!