It is that time of the year when everyone is either getting over a cold/flu or is just getting it…I currently have a cold! I thought it would be helpful to share tips for when you are sick.
- Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water, juice (especially with lots of vitamin C) and tea
- My favorite tea to drink when I’m sick is chamomile with honey, or what I also like to do is mix 5 or 6 cough drops into a cup of hot water and drink it as it…sounds weird but so good!
- Avoid caffeinated drinks, they will dehydrate you.
- Rest! Rest! Rest! – get as much sleep as you possibly can!
- If the air in your room/house is dry, use a humidifier. You can even add a 2 or 3 drops of essential oil in it if you’re into it. I use an oil diffuser almost everyday but more so when I’m sick and my favorite oils to use are lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus.
- Take an epsom salt bath. It will help relief body aches, stress, eliminated toxins from your body and much more!
- Wash your hands often!!!
- Eat and drink things with lots of vitamin C!
- Drink pineapple juice…not only does it contain 50% of the daily requirement for vitamin C but it also helps with your cough.
- Gargle with Salt water…this is my least favorite and I honestly never do it but I always get told to do so.
- Avoid exercise, stress, daily chores as much as you can.
- Get some fresh air…it’s good for you!
Hope you avoided getting sick this season!
Check out my video companion & please subscribe!
Tips for When You’re Sick.
What are some things you do when you’re sick?