Every year I always make the same new year resolution/goal and that is to lose weight. Obviously like many others I lose my motivation after a few weeks and regain it at the end of the year. I want to lose weight so bad, idealy I would like to lose minimum of 60 pounds.
Before I would just start a diet and it would only last maybe 2 days to a week, this time around I want to start a new habit and slowly change my lifestyle for the better. Starting today I want to drink at least 100 oz of water and take 10,000 steps a day! I don’t drink nearly as much water as I should, even 100 oz is not enough for me since technically I would need to drink half of mg body weight on oz which would be 140 oz a day but since I’m not use to drinking that much, I will start with drinking 100 oz then add more in the days or weeks to come. Same with my steps, I don’t do 10,000 steps a day unless it’s a crazy busy day, so I will be going to the gym after work go make sure I gdt those steps in and I will share them here every Wednesday along with an update on how I am doing with this new habit of mine.
It is that time of the year when everyone is either getting over a cold/flu or is just getting it…I currently have a cold! I thought it would be helpful to share tips for when you are sick.
- Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water, juice (especially with lots of vitamin C) and tea
- My favorite tea to drink when I’m sick is chamomile with honey, or what I also like to do is mix 5 or 6 cough drops into a cup of hot water and drink it as it…sounds weird but so good!
- Avoid caffeinated drinks, they will dehydrate you.
- Rest! Rest! Rest! – get as much sleep as you possibly can!
- If the air in your room/house is dry, use a humidifier. You can even add a 2 or 3 drops of essential oil in it if you’re into it. I use an oil diffuser almost everyday but more so when I’m sick and my favorite oils to use are lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus.
- Take an epsom salt bath. It will help relief body aches, stress, eliminated toxins from your body and much more!
- Wash your hands often!!!
- Eat and drink things with lots of vitamin C!
- Drink pineapple juice…not only does it contain 50% of the daily requirement for vitamin C but it also helps with your cough.
- Gargle with Salt water…this is my least favorite and I honestly never do it but I always get told to do so.
- Avoid exercise, stress, daily chores as much as you can.
- Get some fresh air…it’s good for you!
Hope you avoided getting sick this season!
Check out my video companion & please subscribe!
Tips for When You’re Sick.
What are some things you do when you’re sick?