My husband got a new job a few weeks ago which I’m so happy about; however, he has to work some weekends and this weekend was the weekend that he had to work both Saturday and Sunday. The only time I got to see him was in the mornings until 1pm before he leaves; and since I didn’t have to work today I stayed up last night and waited for him and we ended up doing something that we use to do on a weekly basis at nights before he got this job.. go to IHOP. That has been our little thing to do for so many years now, we love IHOP and we especially love going there at nights. So last night I waited for him to get home almost at midnight and we drove to our favorite IHOP location and had a mini super late date.
I miss my husband like crazy though; I feel so lonely. Part of me likes it because I have more me time now but the other part of me hates it so much because I just want my best friend and the love of my life with me. I’m really hoping he doesn’t have to work next weekend so we can at least get two full days together to just enjoy ourselves and have fun.
I wish I could say that on a daily basis I sit back and think about how thankful I am for everything and everyone in my life, however, that is not the case. I sometimes take things or even sometimes people for granted and I don’t appreciate them as much as I should. So in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to make a list of everyone and everything that I am grateful and thankful for:
- My Husband – My husband is the number one person I am most thankful for. He not only is my loving, sweet, caring, adorable husband but he is also my best friend; he is always there for me, always supporting me and pushing me to be better. He is the only person I can be super silly and myself with, and who loves and accepts me for who I am. I cannot imagine my life without him. I love you baby!
- My family – I am not as close to my family as I would like to be, however, I am still very thankful for them.
- My job – In my 10 years of being a nanny, I don’t think no wait I know I have never in my life been so attached and so in love with a child as much as I am with this baby girl who I have been a full time nanny for since she was 5 days old… she and I are very much obsessed with each other, just ask her mom 🙂
- Coffee and Tea– I cannot go one day without coffee or tea or sometimes even both.
- My Car – The car I currently have is the first car that I wanted, my other cars have been just cars that I got to just have a car, but this one I wanted for months before I finally went and purchased it and I love it. It is so spacious and perfect for me and I’m thankful that I have my own car and go anywhere without relying on anyone.
- My phone – yes I said it, I’m very thankful for my phone, I cannot imagine what life was like before phones took over…I do everything on my phone now a days!
What are you are thankful for???
Yesterday was mine and my hubby’s 3 year wedding anniversary! I can’t believe it’s only been 3 years, a part of me feels like the wedding was just a week ago and another part of me feels like it’s been 30 years. I just feel like I have been with my husband for so long now I can’t even remember what life was like without (nor do I want to find out.)
To my amazing husband,
Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for always looking out for me. Thank you for always pushing me to be a better version of myself. Thank you for accept me for who I am. Thank you for always supporting me.
I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us, I absolutely cannot wait until we start our little family. I love you so much and I’m so blessed and lucky to have you as my partner, my best friend, my love, my husband.
HAPPY anniversary my love… Cheers to many many more.
Last week I mentioned how I wanted to get into starting a new healthy habit which was to try and get 10,000 steps a day and go to the gym. Well week one is now done and I am proud of myself… I did Reach 10,000 steps everyday except for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). Usually when I would start a habit or diet, the second I failed at something I stopped doing everything all together… This time around I kept telling myself that it’s OK that I didn’t get to finish my steps and that it’s OK to take a break for a day or two and start back up again the next day! I didn’t really weigh myself so I’m not sure if I have lost any weight but I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and hopefully keep track.
I have been enjoying going to the gym, it’s been a bit hard since I haven’t been to a gym in months maybe even a year but I’m excited! Here is my fitbit step tracker for the past week (obviously ignore the numbers for today since it’s barely noon here and I haven’t finished for today!