Life can get so busy sometimes with work, school, family, friend, etc that we forget to care for ourselves. I know I always put myself last; if I’m being completely honest with you and myself, the only thing I do to care for myself is get my nails done on a monthly basis… that’s all!
In my previous blog post, I made a list of healthy lifestyle habits and one was to practice self care,. I know that I have to change and start taking better care of myself and so should you! Here are a few ways to practice self-care on a daily basis:
- Pamper yourself – get your nails or hair done!
- Get a massage!
- Take a bath!
- Write out your thoughts… let it all out!
- Drink more water.
- Get enough sleep!
- Take a break from technology and social media for a bit every day!
- Read a book.
- Don’t be afraid to say no!
- Let go on what you cannot control!
- You can please everyone, so don’t try!
- Be kind to yourself.
- Do what makes you happy!
What are some things you do to take care of yourself???
In a few weeks, we will be saying goodbye to 2017 and welcome 2018 with new goals and new resolutions. I wanted to take the time today to write a list of ten healthy lifestyle changes that you can start incorporating into your everyday life starting today or even the beginning of January if you wish…
- Drink more water, in fact you should be drinking half of your weight in oz of water a day.
- Eat slowly.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
- Take the stairs.
- Wake up early.
- Practice self- care.
- Create morning rituals you’ll look forward to every morning.
- Practice Positive thinking.
- Go for a walk.
- Know how to slow down and be present.
Back in October, I had broken my iPhone 7 so I turned it in for The Samsung note 8. My husband knows I’m an iPhone girl so he gave me two weeks before I switched back… well I lasted 6 weeks exactly! Haha this past weekend I ended up switching back to iPhone and getting the new iPhone X! I’m so excited, I just love everything about an iPhone and just couldn’t get use to the note 8, it’s a great phone don’t get me wrong but I just prefer an iPhone. I only have had this new iPhone for about two days now so I’m still getting use to the whole not having a home button and some of the features. Maybe I’ll do a what’s on my phone or my favorite apps post soon…
What phone do you have?
I am obsessed with Disneyland, and because of my job I can go all the time. So this past week, I took the little girl I nanny for to Disneyland for the day and it was all decked out for the Holidays… it was magical! I wanted to share a few pictures that I got to take, I was so busy with her so I didn’t take too many. I’m hoping to go in the next 2 weeks just me and my husband or sister in law and take more and better pictures then!
Have you ever been to Disneyland???
Check out my last blog post: Blogmas Day 2: Netflix Holiday Movies
I absolutely love everything about the Holiday season. I love all the decorations, desserts, food, drinks and spending time with loved ones. What I love more if laying in bed or the couch, drinking hot tea and watching holiday movies on Netflix. I wanted to share 10 of my favorite Netflix Holiday movies with you for blogmas day 2 (the last 3 will be mainly for kids and those of us who are kids at heart):
- A Holiday Engagement
- Christmas Belle
- 12 Dates of Christmas
- Christmas Kiss
- Christmas Crush
- Dear Santa
- The heart of Christmas
- The Grinch Stole Christmas
- Mickey’s Once upon a Christmas
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!
What are your favorite Holiday movies on Netflix???
Check out my last blog post: Blogmas Day 1
This time of the year is my absolute favorite and I cannot believe that it’s already here… How is it December again??? I feel like we just celebrated the holidays. Regardless I’m so excited that it’s December and all the holiday goodness is starting.
I have been reading so much about blogmas and I’m so excited to participate for the first time ever this year. Blogmas is when bloggers commit to posting everyday until Christmas day…my topics for the post will vary from everyday life to holiday related. I hope you enjoy!
My husband got a new job a few weeks ago which I’m so happy about; however, he has to work some weekends and this weekend was the weekend that he had to work both Saturday and Sunday. The only time I got to see him was in the mornings until 1pm before he leaves; and since I didn’t have to work today I stayed up last night and waited for him and we ended up doing something that we use to do on a weekly basis at nights before he got this job.. go to IHOP. That has been our little thing to do for so many years now, we love IHOP and we especially love going there at nights. So last night I waited for him to get home almost at midnight and we drove to our favorite IHOP location and had a mini super late date.
I miss my husband like crazy though; I feel so lonely. Part of me likes it because I have more me time now but the other part of me hates it so much because I just want my best friend and the love of my life with me. I’m really hoping he doesn’t have to work next weekend so we can at least get two full days together to just enjoy ourselves and have fun.
I wish I could say that on a daily basis I sit back and think about how thankful I am for everything and everyone in my life, however, that is not the case. I sometimes take things or even sometimes people for granted and I don’t appreciate them as much as I should. So in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to make a list of everyone and everything that I am grateful and thankful for:
- My Husband – My husband is the number one person I am most thankful for. He not only is my loving, sweet, caring, adorable husband but he is also my best friend; he is always there for me, always supporting me and pushing me to be better. He is the only person I can be super silly and myself with, and who loves and accepts me for who I am. I cannot imagine my life without him. I love you baby!
- My family – I am not as close to my family as I would like to be, however, I am still very thankful for them.
- My job – In my 10 years of being a nanny, I don’t think no wait I know I have never in my life been so attached and so in love with a child as much as I am with this baby girl who I have been a full time nanny for since she was 5 days old… she and I are very much obsessed with each other, just ask her mom 🙂
- Coffee and Tea– I cannot go one day without coffee or tea or sometimes even both.
- My Car – The car I currently have is the first car that I wanted, my other cars have been just cars that I got to just have a car, but this one I wanted for months before I finally went and purchased it and I love it. It is so spacious and perfect for me and I’m thankful that I have my own car and go anywhere without relying on anyone.
- My phone – yes I said it, I’m very thankful for my phone, I cannot imagine what life was like before phones took over…I do everything on my phone now a days!
What are you are thankful for???
Yesterday was mine and my hubby’s 3 year wedding anniversary! I can’t believe it’s only been 3 years, a part of me feels like the wedding was just a week ago and another part of me feels like it’s been 30 years. I just feel like I have been with my husband for so long now I can’t even remember what life was like without (nor do I want to find out.)
To my amazing husband,
Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for always looking out for me. Thank you for always pushing me to be a better version of myself. Thank you for accept me for who I am. Thank you for always supporting me.
I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us, I absolutely cannot wait until we start our little family. I love you so much and I’m so blessed and lucky to have you as my partner, my best friend, my love, my husband.
HAPPY anniversary my love… Cheers to many many more.
Last week I mentioned how I wanted to get into starting a new healthy habit which was to try and get 10,000 steps a day and go to the gym. Well week one is now done and I am proud of myself… I did Reach 10,000 steps everyday except for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). Usually when I would start a habit or diet, the second I failed at something I stopped doing everything all together… This time around I kept telling myself that it’s OK that I didn’t get to finish my steps and that it’s OK to take a break for a day or two and start back up again the next day! I didn’t really weigh myself so I’m not sure if I have lost any weight but I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and hopefully keep track.
I have been enjoying going to the gym, it’s been a bit hard since I haven’t been to a gym in months maybe even a year but I’m excited! Here is my fitbit step tracker for the past week (obviously ignore the numbers for today since it’s barely noon here and I haven’t finished for today!